Gibraltar is a small peninsula located on the southern coast of Spain. It covers a total area of 6.5sq km and its coastline stretches for 12km only; there is a 1.2 km borderline with Spain. The Strait of Gibraltar links the Mediterranean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean.
Together with the highly reputable British Isles of Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man, the crown colony of Gibraltar belongs to High Disclosure Offshore Centres which provide for greater legal certainty. It is the only British offshore centre that can and will increasingly be able to provide financial institutions with passporting rights and access to the single European market for financial services.
A number of factors make Gibraltar an attractive place to conduct offshore business:
– Good geographical location and bilingual (English and Spanish) territory;
– Cost effectiveness and attractive fiscal regime for offshore investors;
– Excellent reputation, stable government and special status within the European Union;
– Excellent infrastructure and communications;
– Favorable tax status for offshore banks;
– No exchange controls;
– The only EU finance centre exempt from value added tax (VAT);
– Gibraltar is not included on “black-list” of FATF;
Gibraltar Tax Advantage.
Not least the 10% flat rate of tax in the territory, another advantage of Gibraltar is that businesses will only be liable to pay corporation tax on trade within the boundaries of Gibraltar. You can carry out business in any other region of the world and enjoy tax exemption on income and inheritance tax.
Requirements for the Registration of an IBC:
– Director: Minimum of one Director. Corporations are permitted;
– Secretary: A secretary is required;
– Shareholder: Minimum of one shareholder. Corporations are permitted;
– Shareholders and Directors may be the same;
– Shares & Capital: In Gibraltar, there is no minimum Authorized Share Capital, though the standard is 2,000 British Pounds;
Atrium will check the name availability of the company (whether there is no company under such name already). In Belize the law requires that all financial service providers know the identity of their client so the actual contact details must be indicated at the Registry Agent. This information remains confidential.
Alternatively to register a brand-new company, you can also buy a ready-made company from the list available. These are very useful when time is of the essence, or if the client doesn’t have any preference to the name of the Company. The name of the company can however be changed at any time via a special resolution of the shareholders and by submitting the relevant documents to companies house.