Nevis is located in the Caribbean and together with the island of St. Kitts forms the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis. A former British Colony until 1983 when it gained independence, Nevis has transformed from a sugar mono-crop economy to one based on luxury tourism, export orientated manufacturing and offshore banking.
St Kitts & Nevis is a member of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) which is managed by the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank which controls monetary policy and regulates commercial banking activities.
A number of International Banks are located in Nevis. Banking secrecy is strictly enforced by law and Nevis Authorities have no access to banking information. A court order is required to obtain information therefore coupled with the fact that corporate information is not publically accessible, Nevis one of the most highly confidential jurisdictions in which to incorporate.
Strong Asset Protection and Privacy
Most Relevant Nevis Advantages
To bring an action against your business incorporated in Nevis, the creditor would need to post a $25,000 cash bond with the court, in addition to any legal fees. It might not be as strong as the Cook Islands, but Nevis is a solid choice from an asset protection standpoint; the Confidential Relations Act of 1985 guarantees the confidentiality of Nevis offshore companies and bank accounts.
Key benefits of Nevis
– Political stability coupled with the Government’s policy of maintaining the Offshore Haven Status for the foreseeable future;
– Highly confidential jurisdiction with restriction of public access to company records. Records can be located outside of Nevis and company changes are not required to be lodged with the Nevis Authorities. Unlike other jurisdictions, no creditor can get even the most basic information about your LLC, such as when it was filed, whom it was filed by, or who owns the company. Your registration is essentially anonymous;
– There are no personal or corporate taxes levied on income derived from outside Nevis;
– It is obligatory to prepare accounts but there are no filing or audit requirements;
– No exchange control with free repatriation of profits and capital;
– Not party to either the EU Savings Tax Directive or compulsory disclosure as Nevis is a sovereign state independent of the UK;
– Sophisticated banking system with a wide range of international banks located in Nevis;
– Nevis jurisdiction is a “No-Tax” offshore domicile;
– The only restriction issued by the St Kitts and Nevis government is the inability to do business with residents of Nevis;
– A Nevis LLC does not have mandatory audit;
– Corporate compliance is minimal;
– Company meetings can be held anywhere in the globe;
– No mandatory resident directors;